Sunday, November 10, 2013

long run sunday

It has been a few weeks since I have ran more than 6 miles on my runs. With Shaun's race last weekend it made things a little difficult to get the long run it. With that said I tried to keep on the schedule for our upcoming 140.6 yesterday was suppose to be a 4 hour bike ride and today was a 13 mile run. I did a 3 hour bike ride and I did do the 13 mile run. Actually I did 13.12 in honor of my friend who ran her first 1/2 last night at the Disney Wine and Dine. So proud of her. Plus we have many friends racing today in either 1/2s, full or tris so I thought it would make me feel included lol. Anyway it was rough. I trudge through it but still having issues with shoes. I have got to figure this out. I think my bike shoes are too tight and I need new ones and I think my running shoes are too loose. I have found a new pair of brooks I want to try that are like the newtons without the luges. I am just glad I completed my run. I know I have a 70.3 in me now if I could just get the 140.6 back in me. I have some time. Next saturday Court and I are doing the run or dye - a first for me. So I will have to run my long run 9 miles possible friday am. then Bike the 4 hours I was suppose to ride Sunday. ( I flipped my weeks on the bike) Now off to do mom and wife things oh and possibly a trip back to the run shoppe love that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment