Not sure why my alarm did not go off this morning at 3:30 am. But it made me realize that my body is finally getting use to me getting up early. I just wanted to get to the gym. I had not even finalize what I was gonna do when I got there. I needed to get in a swim and a spin. My husband was coming home and I didn't want to miss any workouts and was not gonna miss picking Shaun up. I could not wait to get him home. Well I guess my alarm clock decided for me that I was gonna be forced into a 2nd rest day. This is why I do not like to take a planned rest day. I get forced rest days all the the time. Well I can not stress over it cause I can not go back and fix it, I can just move forward. With that said I have already been thinking of my day off - the 4th and trying to see what I can add into it. I will be so happy if it does not rain.
Sometimes when the alarm clock doesn't work other things do. This afternoon I was talking to a coworker at lunch and I had an eye opening moment into myself. All these talks with my grandmother and these blogs I keep posting about workouts has given me an answer to a very big question I have had over my life. I have always said I am afraid to stop training or take time off from training. I say it is because I am afraid of loosing fitness. Well that is part of it but more of it is the fear of quitting and never going back to it. It is not because I would quit because I don't like to do the sport. It is because I would let my own insecurities get the better of me and stop moving forward. I have to keep moving forward and train all the time with or without a race to keep me from letting my fears win. I have come to far to not continue. I will not let my insecurity get the better of me. Fears of going to the pool or taking a spin class or going to a race starting line. I have proof that it has gotten better. Run races are proof of it. Now if I could get that way with triathlons.
Positive thoughts

No comments:
Post a Comment