I have not written in a few days but that does not mean I have not been training. In fact this week has been mostly speed work. I did intervals and speed drills on my runs this week and 12 mile long run today and it was awful. I had a pain in my thigh that never goes away. I did my first ladder drill and interval sets in the pool on saturday and some sprints on my bike as well on Saturday. I did well at getting my two sets of strength training done this week and I got in the pool four times even if two were really short they count.
Monday was my birthday the big 40 and I really thought I was gonna hate it but I was surprised at how I was really ok with it all. I guess that because my life is right were I want it everything else seems great too. I have an amazing husband who supports me and loves me completely. I have kids who will always test my patients and give me gray hairs, but I know who really love me and support me in anything I want to do. So turning a year older and it being a big number means nothing to me. I am probably the healthiest I have ever been and the happiest at the same time.
Courtney went back with my mom to stay a few weeks with her before summer is over and zach has been spending ever minute he can with his girlfriend. They seem to be growing up way too fast for me. But I am also enjoying some nice quite time with my husband. Hopefully he will not have many more trips away for a bit.
My birthday also made me realize I have to start eating better. The girls at the office gave me all cookies for my birthday. Guess I need to cut the sweets and start back on the fruits and veggies. So here goes another challenge for me. I gave up alcohol and I don't really drink sodas so I can give up sweets too.
No comments:
Post a Comment