Today I scheduled myself an am run and a pm swim. Everyone keeps telling me to do intervals on the bike and run as well as the swim I guess. So today I decided was gonna be the day that I actually started and finished a run doing intervals. I never seem to be able to keep doing it the entire run. So today I took off on my run, the first mile was as usual - awful. When I got to my first mile I decided I was gonna do intervals based on songs. I would run hard on one song, and then just run on the next song, pick it up on the next and then go back to normal run etc. I wasn't sure if I was gonna have enough time because I got out late. But I am happy to say I got all six mile in and wasn't late. I even got the kids off to school for their practices. And most importantly, I completed the interval run. In fact I ran 5 miles of the 6 as intervals.
So as always work gets in the way and I have got to earn a paycheck.
Then after work my intentions were to go swim. However, life got in the way. I had to get my daughter who said it was raining but really she just did not want to walk home. Which is only one mile. So I get her and fixed our pool instead.Oh but I did decide since this happened I would do strength training. As I have said before not my favorite but needs to get done.
Six more days and my husband comes home!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment