Monday, June 24, 2013

Sad Rest Day

Today I reset the alarm three times and never got out the door this morning to go to the pool. I have great thoughts about what I am gonna do the next day but lately something strange has been going on with me. I am not sure if it is because I miss my husband who is a way for 12 days.Or, maybe it is because I didn't get accepted for a sponsorship to run another 140.6 before the end of the year. I wasn't sure I even wanted it until I didn't get it. I don't know what is bothering me. I also am not sure why my afternoon workouts are getting twice as hard. The only thing I can think of is that I need to eat more during the day to help keep me going, or better yet get me started on my afternoon workouts. I was so hungry after work I couldn't go for my bike ride either. It didn't help that my sunburn was hurting me and the storm was coming in.
 Therefore today was a rest day. I try to not take rest days because I don't get very long work outs in during the week as it is due to working full time and the kids. However, when I first started training I always took Mondays off. Maybe I just need that one day to not do anything. Especially after a 5 plus hour training weekend. I am not sure I just would rather be sore than feel like this. Not sure a race would help me at this point either. I have some ideas just got to work at it. I love this sport and I love my husband, my family and my friends and all of their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment