I don't know why I allow my self to sleep in on run days. Especially long run days. Any way I got out for my run this am and the sun had already risen. It was a tough run but not until after I had gotten to the 7 mile mark and then I thought I had gotten a second wind which dies as fast as it came on. I had been stopped by two dog who of course where not on their leashes. Pepper and Emma as their own told me. I have learned to just stop and let them smell me. I do not like to stop but I feel it is better than being chased. If they are gonna bite me I am not fast enough to run from them so it wont help.
I went out this am with the intentions of increasing my distance. I wanted 14 mile. I have done 12 the last two weekend's and just felt I needed to increase it up. Lets just say that while I was ruining I went from "oh I could just do 10 this week, I have done 12 the last to weeks", to "omg..... I could do 8, I did a 7 and a 6 this week I am sure 8 would be OK" to "OK, how about 13, it is more than 12 but not 14" to " I don't care if I have to walk the last mile I am getting 14". I swear I have these talks with myself all the time while I am out there. Not sure why but I feel like I have to talk myself into my long runs just because they can be so boring and hard at times. I don't care how many times I do a distance it seems they are always hard. But I guess if it was easy every one would do it. I like to push myself, I like to see how far I can go and I like to have mileage. I know it is not good to just add up mileage but I am afraid If I do not keep it up I will lose it. It is just how I feel. It took so much for me to get where I am I never want to go back.
So when I got done with my run I decided it is gonna be a beach day for the kids. I can barely walk so I can just sit on the beach.( I am sore already). I am gonna look like a goof at the beach with my tri tan lines but I know they have been wanting to go. I have contemplate about just wearing my running cloths as that would just cover up the god awful tan lines. And it would also help since when I went into my swim suite drawer I found that my daughter has stolen all my swim suites but one. Off to beach we go. Hope they enjoy it. I may have to bring a book.
No comments:
Post a Comment