Saturday, June 22, 2013

long ride

Today I joined my usual training buddy for a long bike ride. We wanted to go for 3.5 hours and throw some bridge repeats into it as well. My new bike was starting to skip gears so I asked if we could ride to the bike shop, which we did.(1.5 hrs away on bike. We got there too early and had to wait a bit so we decided to have a coffee and share a muffin. After my bike got fixed  (which is all normal when the cables start to stretch) we headed back home. Well I should have known it was a bad idea to stop. I hate stopping to begin with and this break was way too long. And it taught me not to eat when or if I have to stop and no coffee. When we headed back it took every bit of me to continue. We suffered through and did 3 hours. Not the 3.5 we wanted to but I had to get back to my kids. My daughter wanted me to take her to Bass Pro and was waiting at my friends house. And my son, well I had no idea what he would want to do but I was sure it was something involving me. This ride I tried out my husband's new seat and really really liked it. Even if the guy on the way down passed me I was still smiling because I was not as uncomfortable this ride. I found it very funny how guys bike riders are so impatient when waiting on red lights for god sake I think it is better than being killed. And there was this one guys who just could not have two girls in front of him even if he was wearing sock shoes and no helmet. Well we taught him and passed him in less than a mile.

We, Kim and I , talked about doing more hill repeats and maybe even taking a trip to Clermont, Fl to do hills up there. I am still trying to find out why my seat is bothering me so much and I really to get a new pair of tri/bike shorts. I hate all of them. I really need to get my bike miles up and get stronger on my bike. We talked a lot about races and if that is what I want or need. I really am not sure what would make me happy right now. I think I need to get out on my bike and just give it all I got but until I can figure out my seat I am not sure I can yet. I think this week is gonna have to be about the bike and it will have to be on the road. Even if I have to take my bike to work every day this week. And try every seat in the house lol.

Thanks Kim for the company today and Thanks Zach for the ice cream. Oh yea that is what my son wanted to do when I got home ice cream. Even when they are almost 17 they still love ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment