Yesterday was a rough one. It has been a long time since I have been on my bike for that long. We rode 66 miles and with a few stops. I hate to stops but sometime you just can not help it. If you gotta pee and don't want to on your bike there is only one other way to do it. And I needed more water. I need to get out on my bike more. I also need to get more longer bike rides in. I feel my bike has always been my weakest point but I need to somehow make it at not such a big difference. Everyone will ride longer and more often than I do. I just can not get out on my bike as much as everyone else who lives around me. They have more time and the only way I can get out on my bike is if there is no rain after work. Well I live in Florida so my only other option is to take a spin class. At this point those are even getting harder and harder to get in to. I can take one on Tuesday or Thursday morning but then I can not run or swim those mornings. I can only get so much done in the morning before work. So I try to do my bikes after work. It is getting to the point where we may have to get a trainer. I am against it because of the cost. I really don't want to spend the money. But I want my bike to be better so not sure what else to do. I can only juggle so many things. I have to work a full time job and raise two teenagers and since I do not have a race in the near future. I guess I will just have to make it work some how. I do have a race planned but it is not until Jan 2014. And after last weeks worth of training I feel a lot better. I do not feel I need a race. I am more than happy to sit back train with my husband work on getting better and watch him race. I do not have to have one. I like them but it is ok. I so enjoy watching my husband and working out with him as well.
Today I went for a run. I wanted a 10 mile run but oh boy. I usually can keep it to closer to the amount I want but today was awful. I didn't eat dinner last night all I ate was cookies I made for the kids and lunch was very little. After a long bike ride is is usually very hard for me to eat and I had lots of things to get done after the ride. Both kids needed me to take them somewhere and get picked up. I also had to get some groceries. So I did not do good on my (re) hydration. Hence one of the reasons why my run was so awful. I woke up at 4 this morning and a storm was making all sorts of awful noises. So I decided to go back to sleep and see if it went away. I woke up at 7 and got out the door but it was after 830 and it was already over 85 degrees outside. I started to run and in the first mile I thought what am I doing. This would have been better if I had ran in that awful storm we just had. I would have loved the rain and I would have just ignored the lightening and thunder. I got to mile 5 and wanted to walk. I never want to walk. My legs were not tired but my body just could not do anymore. So I ran home and decided to end my run early. And let me tell you I tried with all my soul to get to mile 8 but could not get to that or mile 10. I had thought maybe I could get out tonight but again another bad storm came in and I still do not feel hydrated. So I am back at the hydration and gonna start another week tomorrow. I am at least getting back to my weekly routine and the hours and mileage etc that I want to be at.
I realize I will never be at the degree that some of my friends are but I will always do my best and that is all I can ask of myself. I would love to be faster and I work hard at what I do but I am only capable of so much. I do not do this tri thing as a full time career so it has to fit into my life not be my life. I have other priorities but with that said I also enjoy this sport with all my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment